Monday, December
09, 2013
What a delightful week!
With looooots of changes! :)
First and foremost; IM NOT BEING TRANSFERRED! I am sooooo
thankful! That was all I wanted, was not to be transferred. Midwood is just amazing! The people are amazing, the area, everything.
So I am so thankful for that!
On a sad note, Sister Blosil is being transferred... Transfer
meeting is tomorrow and so we don't know where she is going. But we
have become good friends, modern day technology makes things less sad, because
we can keep tabs on one another’s lives, and when she is singing at the Barclay
Center in a few years I'll be on the front row... So, yeah. ;) jusssst kidding,
I won't care if it's the back row...
And on a CRAZY note, I'm training! I have many emotions, but
luckily as overwhelmed as I could be, Heavenly Father is helping me just be
calm. It hit me really hard last night
that the only way I will be able to help my companion is by relying on the
spirit and The Lord all the time. I am very excited to meet her! I have done a
lot of reminiscing of the fun, fun days at the MTC, while I ponder about what
things my new companion is doing there. Haha
President called me on Wednesday night, and the meeting was on
Thursday morning. So that was good!
They just had the AP's do a workshop and
then president told of a story with his horses in Virginia. He said he
bought/bred two colts and that when they are old enough to have a trainer he got two trainers, one for each. He said that one would beat the
horse to train it, and that that horse was trained in a week, and the horse
That was trained lovingly took lots and lots of time and weeks, but that it was
the most obedient, and that it was the one full of the most life and light,
that it would follow the trainer around and trust it and the other horse would
flee as soon as the saddle was taken off of it. Of course, he likened it to us
training. Cool story :) even more fun that it was from his own life.
Another cool experience from this week was in district
meeting. Elder Lee suggested a goal we
jumped on! FIVE HUNDRED fearlesses as a district by the end of yesterday! We
worked sooooo hard and hit it! I have not talked to more people in one week
than I did this week, and it pushed me so hard.
From my journal-- now that it is digital:
First and foremost, WE HIT OUR GOAL! As a district we fearlessed
a solid 500 + people! A SOLID 500! No question, no doubt! I am so
thankful for the help that this gave me to transition into training. I have
been worried about doing it as well as I would have liked, but I realize that
it is fairly easy as I start. The more
you do it in one day the mover fearless you get, and for that I am thankful.
It was such an inspired idea. Had it been a week earlier it would have
scared me so bad and debilitated me, and if it was a week later, I wouldn't
have really known what to do having to fearless a solid 20 people a day by
myself assuming the worst that I have a trainee that is too scared to talk to
anyone. Which I don't think will
happen... But now, if that happens I know that I will be able to handle it well
because I am prepared. Today as a district we fearlessed roughly 130 people. It
was awesome at 5pm we had 65 people to fearless, and we went caroling
as a district and were able to only have 20 more people to fearless
by 7pm! So we had 2 hours to hit our goal and we hit our goal in an hour
after that! I was able to learn some things from this... Testimony is what
makes a good fearless. That is the bulk
of it. If you can put solid doctrine and
things, that is what makes the spirit come. Another thing that I was able to learn was
that if I want people to teach, I need to just talk to people. We talked to
tons of people and that is what is going to make it so that we can actually
teach people. Of the 20 people we talked
to daily, we have a few solid potentials. I am thankful for the help that was
given to me to be fearless. (12.08.13 Sunday-- Journal)
Sister Blosil is the fearless queen. She has taught me tons about it. Because we
hit our goal we will have a concert at the church that Sister Blosil will
perform for us :) We are excited!
There was a concert in Jamaica, so we went on exchanges and the
two sisters that were asked to sing went, and her companion stayed with me and
we worked in our area.
Stake conference was this week.
The adult session on Saturday was spectacular! The whole
thing, from top to bottom was missionary work. I learned a lot about the need
to work closely with our ward council. They had all the ward leaders stand
around the chapel and then had them start calling out the names of their missionaries.
It was cool- we have 80 missionaries in the Brooklyn stake! Take the admonition
of an apostle and learn the names of your missionaries. That was his point.
Our whole district is leaving except 4 of us. Elders Ashby,
Durkin, Lee and I are staying, the other 6 are all leaving. It took us all for
surprise. We have some speculations of what is happening but we will find
out tomorrow.
I was asked to play the clarinet for a Christmas thing on the 14th. An Elder in the Spanish district transposed
it for me and found me a clarinet I can borrow from a member in the Spanish
Ward.
Tyson is so sweet! I appreciate the love. That was nice of him to think of me, can't
wait to get the package!
Are there pictures of Craigy in the uniform? They are so good to let him be a part of the
band as much as possible! The pictures of Amber turned out fabulous! My
favorite is the one of her on the tree with the sun going through.
Yesterday was our first real snow! We had flurries 2 weeks ago,
but it stuck til morning! It was fun!
Our investigator committed to stop smoking! We
are praying for her! She wants to be baptized so badly!
We had our first Skype lesson with Sister Blosil's dad and our
investigator! It was spectacular; the spirit was so strong
and just opened up things far greater than we expected it would. Sometimes
people listen better to not teenagers ;)
The work is hastening! Really, it is!
I love you!
Sister freeze
I love you!
Sister freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment