Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 02, 2013

Monday, December 02, 2013

Hello!

Things are great here. TONS to report, and lots of time to report it! :) Even though we don't have wi-fi with us everywhere, we can still type it up and send it in a place with wi-fi later.

I was telling Amber, we are sitting on the train going to Williamsburg to get Sister Blosil's hair cut! Like, super different cut. She wants it totally different.  Here I am growing out my hair and she is cutting hers off.  Anyway, we just passed the Empire State Building :) cool right? New York is just so great.  It never gets old that I'm here as a missionary! Ah!

Boy, I just have felt so much gratitude for this week; just lots of gratitude. It usually comes back to the roots, the gospel of Jesus Christ and mom and dad that they decide to live the gospel and raise us in it. 

We had a Thanksgiving feast at the church on Saturday. We had been inviting strangers, less actives, members, just everyone!  We were able to go to the church  and get food and socialize! 

There were a lot of good things that happened at the party!  We had an investigator come, and 2 women we met at Prospect Park came!  And she invited her mom and her 2 friends!  It was a blast! She sent us a text afterward that said something along the lines of "I had a great time, thanks for the invite! What is the background of your church?" Haha soooo, we will be teaching her on Wednesday about the Restoration. Pumped!

We have Thanksgiving dinner at a member’s home and an investigators home for lunch! She is awesome!

We committed a sister to be baptized for December 8th!  She accepted! Her awesome member friend who invited her to learn more, when they were WALKING their DOGS, (Missionary work anywhere!) will be out if town the next week, the week after that is Christmas and so January it is! She is looking forward to it.  The ward is helping to fellowship her.  That has been a blessing, something that we always fear.  Please help The Lord keep these recent converts and investigators feel welcome, talk to them, CALL them, TEXT them, LOVE them. It means so much to them, and us, and The Lord.

Sister Blosil's hair is loooooooking sooooo awesome by the way! Curly hair version of my favorite hair cut I've ever had. Haha :)

What else... It's 30* here... I am so thankful for my coats! I will hopefully buy tights and socks today.  I look ridiculous and just wear my huge winter boots. Haha. Did I say it snowed flurries last week?  It only happened once, but it's cold here! :)

This time of my life is an interesting transition from teenager to adulthood. I am being given opportunities to hear more than one point of view and have to choose for myself what I believe on certain topics. I can't think of an example off the top of my head right now, but really it is weird to think that I just need to take questions to The Lord about things that aren't black and white. I am a very black and white person, I need to find things out for myself. 

We had mega zone conference on Wednesday-- it was spectacular. President talked a lot about how we need to develop our relationship with our Heavenly Father.  We need to know who He is, know who the Savior is, and follow His example. We studied the doctrine of Christ and had a workshop on fearlessing and how to properly use the iPads. Fearlessing is such a unique experience, often awkward, but I find the more I do it, truly the more people we touch, even though they feel the awkwardness. 

How would everyone feel if we read the scriptures as a family? What if we read just a chapter a day?  We can all do it individually-or you guys could read it together at home... I think it would be so powerful.  The scriptures are so powerful. They give me lots of strength.  On the mornings I can't read the Book of Mormon, I struggle the most those days... So I know they do :) what does everyone think? 

I am excited to do family history work when I am home.  I think we will learn how to do it a little bit so that we can help people with theirs.  It is such a great thing to be able to do!  Phew! Wouldn't be here without them, and they won't be able to obtain eternal life without us! :) The temple is soo cool! Gosh... There is so much to learn there.... I want to keep going back!

:) I am doing great! I love you :)

Love, Sister Freeze


JaLynn


No comments:

Post a Comment