Monday, August 12,
2013
Well-- this week has so much to report again and no time to
really spend on the computer. This library
is more restricted than Lynbrook was. Super
bummer.
SOOOO! I am currently living in MIDWOOD BROOKLYN!! Crazy, I
know! I miss Sister Lee but she has
taught me everything I have needed to know to be prepared!
There are so many people to talk to and we have great
investigators! I have met a few already!
Sister Blosil is my new comp! She rocks! We laugh ‘til we cry, almost every day! It’s great, because we were both trained by Sister
Leeeeee! Cool right?! Sister Blosil was trained the 2 transfers
before I was, sooooo we both are really new to missionary work and have a lot
of things to learn together. But we both
are "greenies" so we are super gung-ho towards missionary work!
I am out of time; we are going to Flushing to see a sister that
is on her way to Peru for her mission since she is a visa waiter! :) Sorry the
letters are so lame... one day there will be time...
I sure love you all. :)
So, looks like I was able to get more time. You do it in 30 minute increments, but can go
as many times as you want- unless there is a wait.
A few more things. We are
teaching a few people. One of them I’ve
met is named Esther! She is so great! She
is really reserved and is looking to join the church. She understands the commitments and reads The Book of Mormon on her own! She really is progressing well. Her mom is fine with the idea of her being
baptized, but she isn’t interested in baptism herself. We will get her support from the ward. I am serving in the Midwood 1st ward. Everyone that I know thought that I was for
sure going to be going to Jamaica- and I had no thought of even being
transferred.... I’m still in shock that I was transferred! Lesson to be learned; expect the
unexpected. Serving in a ward as opposed to a branch sure has a lot
of differences. We hold much
different responsibilities as missionaries here. I had forgotten how much we did in the
branch. We did far more to serve
the branch than we did teach. I can
tell that will not be the case here.
I rode the subway for the first time too! I’m grateful we were not blinded in here,
because if we were I would have had no idea how to figure out what stops I
need. ha-ha we have an unlimited metro
card which is handy to not have to worry about how many rides we have left.
The Spanish sisters live right down the hall but we have
an English district plus a companionship of Creole elders and a Spanish
district. The zone leaders are in our district. It is the weirdest thing being the only set of
sister missionaries in our district. I didn’t
realize how much the 4 of us sisters in Lynbrook dominated decisions. ha-ha
Also... LYNbrook and brookLYN, cool right. Apparently the people that settled Lynbrook
were from Brooklyn.
Things are really expensive in the city- I am just amazed at all
the orthodox Jews that live here. Some things close on Saturday because
of their Sabbath. Really interesting.
We also went over to dinner at an investigators house. She is soooo cool! We were
teaching her a brief lesson on what we learned at church and then committed her
to read scriptures daily. :)
Like I said, Sister Blosil and I are learning a lot
together. We ended up spending a lot of time at the pad
just finding direction for the area now that sister Blosil is
"leading" in the area, since she was here before and now that I’m new
to the area.
Alright-- the YSA sisters are here to pick us up to go to Flushing.
I love it here!! :)
Love ya!
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment