Tuesday, September
03, 2013
Dearest Fan club.
Soooooo -- as always not much time!
Buuuuut -- I was able [with a long p-day, no emails because of Labor
Day] to write letters to peeps in the family. Sooo - with that- I don’t
actually have tons to say. But. This is
the important meat; and we just found out yesterday!
Ready....
Are you sure....? Make sure you are sitting down [especially Amber....]
We can use Facebook starting in October!!!! I know right! The lord is truly hastening His
work and it is UNREAL! I have such a
testimony of the importance of the church keeping up with the times, and I know
this will bless so many people’s lives! Our
ZL’s went to a meeting about it with President Calderwood and the Sister
Training Leaders, APs, and ZL's all start using it today. I hear that you are to spend an hour on it
daily and in December when we get Ipads online proselyting will be a huge deal!
In the middle of this month all DL's
will start using it and then it’ll be October and the whole mission will have
access. We are to clean up our Facebooks
when we are allowed to use them and have the page we used prior to our mission
for missionary work! We will be starting
blogs at that same time and we will be teaching lessons over Skype here
shortly! Members from all over the world
will be able to be the member that is present during those lessons and things. It is so neat to see how technology was truly
inspired to further the Lords work. The
Lord allowed these people the knowledge so that his children could be blessed
with the gospel!
The thing that gets me the most is realizing how much this will
drastically change the way we work- we will become more "real" to
these people when we can let them know that they can go to our blog page and
see what it’s like in the day of a life of a missionary. Or check out our Facebook page and see that
before our mission we had hobbies and loves as well- That we are just here
taking a break from all that to share such an important message. I recognize how the lord has been preparing a
previously 'disobedient' mission, to now having one where obedience is key and
people are striving to do what is right. It sounds like our mission culture has changed
a lot over the last couple years! But
now - we are ready to take on something like this. The lord trusts that we can
still stay focused and do what is right with new tools like these! It will be nice to make appointments on mini
Ipads and everything will just be COMPLETELY different. The way missionary work will be done is
literally forever changed. We are
recognizing that what is happening here is that the Lord is molding us into
member missionaries for life. We are in
a position where we have to be a missionary to our friends and people at home! It will be neat to hear about it further, but
the official word is out :) I think the reason I laugh the most is because in
all reality it is putting me in place of my #1 addiction in life. And two - it is asking a huge sacrifice to not
have home life and missionary life separate. I am grateful- but it will require a lot of
self control. And of course it will be
so worth it!
Sister Blosil is one of my new best friends. We truly get along so well. I am so thankful for her example to me!
We are recognizing the need to be more and more bold which I
love! Today is a great example. Instead of just mentioning that we are
missionaries we really teach doctrine whenEVER possible. So today we brought up the Book of Mormon to a
woman that we expressed our love of her hair. And then she accepted the invite
to learn more! :) The even greater thing is we had TWO Jewish people give us
pens because they thought we were looking for a pen to write down her number,
when really we were looking for the phone to add her to our contacts. But to see that the Jewish community is
recognizing us more and more and talking to the missionaries in passing more
and more than they used to it sounds like! :)
MORE cool news that I forgot to write about! We can go to the temple every 6 months now!!!!
So we get to go at the 6 month mark,
year mark, and end of the mission! Three
times instead of 2! I remember just weeping
when I got the news! I miss the temple
so much! That is one of my favorite
things to teach people about; that their family has the opportunity to be a
family forever! :)
For more
good news- our area got 1 car that the District Leader is allowed to drive missionaries
around in to get to the top of our area since it is an hour away! It is such a blessing! We made a huge map and found where all the
less actives live so we can visit them- so that will be a great experience too!
I am realizing more than ever what coming on a mission is doing
for the rest of my life. I already am
forever changed and I love my life! Serve someone, read the Book of Mormon daily-
pray fervently and you’ll love your life too. Plus, in Alma it says you’ll come to know the
mysteries of god if you do.
I hope you all just love my typos. When you add up how fast I’m trying to type
and the fact that I can’t spell and there is no spell check- you can
understand! hahaha
I love you all. The
church is so true. Just find a mormon.org card and give
it out or share your testimony- you really have absolutely no idea how much it
will change someone’s life! I’m learning rejection isn’t bad :) remember
that... :)
Love you all so much! :) Have a GLORIOUS day!
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment