Monday, September
16, 2013
So, here is the latest--
First and foremost I and my entire district are staying here in
Midwood Brooklyn! :) My District Leader
is going home to Equador, so we are getting another elder in. That will make the Creole elders have a trio
:) So it’s fun to add and not to lose! I am so sad that elder cdv is leaving- but I’ll
remember what he has taught me and move forward with that!
Our investigator came to church on Sunday!! :) It was such
a miracle! She always wants to come, but has such a hard time making it because
of her health and so honestly we had a myriad of people praying for her and she
made it! All three hours! :)
We had a baptism for the District Leaders and that was so great!
I think that was the 5th baptism I’ve
gone to since being on my mission and they are always such a treat!
I have decided to make this upcoming transfer all related to the
Savior and Atonement. I'm bound to understand
it on a deeper level than JUST my sins being forgiven. I am excited to fill gaps that can only be
filled with the Savior. It is amazing to
me the timing of this month’s Ensign. It
is ALL on the Savior. So that has been
neat for me. Everyone, and I mean
everyone- go read His Grace is sufficient-- http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/his-grace-is-sufficient?lang=eng
And The Justice
and Mercy of God-- http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/the-justice-and-mercy-of-god?lang=eng
Basically they are the greatest talks. I just know that the Atonement is real. I know
that His grace is sufficient. I see how this is a time in my life,
where I can't turn to my mother like I usually would, is blessing me. At first I
was really angry about it. There are
things that I wish that I could just sit at the kitchen table and tell her what
I’m feeling and what I’m learning in the way that I used to. But I’m realizing
that I can, and NEED to do that with Heavenly Father. I need to tell HIM what I’m feeling, what I’m
learning. It is so easy to get caught in
the day to day things and not even call on Heavenly Father other than the
"repetitive prayers"... we all know what I’m talking about. The funny
thing is I thought it would be easier on my mission, not before! haha i was mistaken. It is always hard work. I love in the bible dictionary where it talks
about how we should pray.
PRAYER:
"As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we
stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are His children), then at
once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the
so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship.
Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are
brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to
change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings
that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our
asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we
can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for
obtaining the highest of all blessings."
There is way more but this bolded part I love! Prayer is to be hard work! And let me tell you, at 6:30am when
you are beyond tired and 10:30 at night when you are EXHAUSTED - it
is hard enough to pray hard, let alone stay awake! :) haha
:) I am feeling an immense amount of gratitude for the way I was
raised. I am seeing how that will
forever bless my life. The people around
me don’t have it as good as I do. I’m not even just referring to temporally. I was raised to be very independent and I
realize that I am taught many things others don’t even really understand.
Less active look ups has truly been quite the treat for me! I love being able to find people that haven’t
been contacted in years! :) We made an appointment
with the most amazing woman! She totally
could have been a freeze. haha I was reading a talk and it was saying that the
people that we meet on our mission will bless us as much as we bless them- and I
feel that so frequently!
We are trying to improve our finding efforts- I think that is
one of the harder parts of missionary work- but man, it’s so cool to meet so
many people and hear their story! This
week a 93 year old man with a HEAVY Greek accent stopped us on the street and
told us all about his life for an hour! I
could have listened to him for hours. But I am recognizing that people are more
comfortable to talk with us because of the Light of Christ we have :)
I’m learning and learning. I thought I was here for the people-
but man. it’s for me too
:) Love you all!
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment