Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 8, 2013

Well fan club—here’s the latest!!

Time has been FLYING- I received an email from a friend reminding me of how long I’ve been out! Nuts!

Well- The weather has changed drastically! it is super hot- it was a solid 95* and when you add humidity it feels like 100--110! :) haha.   We went to visit a less active and when I got in her house I was so dehydrated that I almost passed out. The woman we were visiting was in the back room so Sister Lee said a prayer, and I was able to make it for the next hour while we were there.  It was quite the experience :) She is in a new religion now and prayed in what she believes was tongues.  It was good for me to experience, to further understand what other religions believe and do haha. I drank plenty of water after that!

I got all the packages! Thankkkkkkks! They made me cry :) Amber- Sister Lee was in the shower when I opened your letter in the box and the first sentence was "go get sister Lee" haha so I put it back in the box and waited for Sister Lee to be done so I could figure out what was in the box. haha! We looooove them! :) We also love the iPod.  I think my favorite part is the Alvin and the chipmunks Christmas album.... haha there will be some music that I’ll have to delete ;) thanks for putting it together dad and Amber.  We were desperate! Haha.   Also, thanks for the treats Dad- that package made my week!

Linda is our latest investigator and she is keeping commitments!  She is so great! She was a HQ referral and she came to church 2 weeks ago and then we met with her, taught the restoration and committed her to baptism, she agreed to be baptized after she comes to know its true :) She is the one I think I told you about that made all the life changes.   She is quite the woman!  She even agreed to cut our hair or do our nails for free on p-day :) apparently.  She is super good!  So that is exciting. She heard in Sunday School about the Word of Wisdom and is starting on her own without any prompting from us to stop drinking coffee! COOOL,  RIGHT?!  She came to church again yesterday and LOVED testimony meeting and nudged me and told me to go up too.  So that was neat :) She even asked us why everyone doesn’t know about the gospel! "Why aren’t there people holding signs for this on the news!" toooo funny.... she’s great.

I have tried to apply mosquito repellant better- but you get out of the car for like 3 minutes and get "swarmed" not really, but it feels like it.  I currently have a solid 25 bites.  19 of them are on one leg haha.  I guess one of my legs has better blood in it or something ;) speaking of bugs- the fireflies are SO awesome! I’ve never seen them until I got here!

We also go to businesses every day now and offer service to them. The family owned businesses appreciate the offer :)

Elder Pulla, our DL, had a great idea to sing at a laundry mat, so we went yesterday and sang then talked to the people there.  I met a man that said he was Christian, and I said very excitedly, "We are too!" haha.  He then told us how he was looking for a good Christian church- and I just expressed how this one would change him and his family’s life.  We exchanged numbers and we will see where it goes from there :) the Lord is putting people in our path :)

Today we are going to have our zone activity- we are going to the beach it should be fun.  As long as we don’t get in the water it isn’t against mission rules.  Last p-day we had our branch missionary who is a GREAT bargain shopper help us buy enough groceries for our pantry for only $100 between the two of us- so we split it:) It is nice to have some good things to eat.  I’m just super glad I don’t have to cook it....

We knocked into this woman that seems not to be interested in the church, but when we told her we would help her move she listened some more (she had a for sale sign in her yard).  Then she told us about a family member that is a member of the church and she was excited to have us come and teach. She broke her cell phone and because of the move didn’t have a land line, so we will go back and talk to her again :) The neat part of that story is that the Lord wanted  us in that house, she didn’t invite us in until it started POOOOURing- and as soon as it poured she had us come in, which allowed us to talk longer. :)

We also passed out flyers for our blood drive and the restoration fireside at the train station and passed out bottled water to go with it :)  It went well, we even witnessed a man break into the train station lobby - a police man came to shut off the alarm, I didn’t know if we needed to tell him what we saw, and the officer says "what? You want him arrested?" and I was like "no- I just didn’t know you if you needed to know what we saw".  I never know if you have to tell what you witness- especially since dad "yelled" at me for not staying when I saw the man on his bike get hit by a car.

:)

Thanks for the prayers :) I really love it here!
Hope all is well!
Sister Freeeeeeze

No comments:

Post a Comment