Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013

HEY!

Thanks for the update!  I love hearing about it!  When you get a moment I would love this letter when you can send it.   I only really got to skim it but I’m glad you are safe!

:) So much to tell!  This week was my first interview with president!  It went great!  He was gracious and thanked me for my hard work and I'll I’m doing.  I haven't gotten a pat on the back in a while; like I’m normally used to at home, so I was thankful to know my efforts are good even if they don't feel rewarding all of the time. Haha  I am realizing more and more that I am here to help other missionaries just as much as I am to help New Yorkers.  I am thankful for my spiritual gifts that I have been blessed with.  I think that it is safe to say you don't really get anywhere without them!

This week we also weeded an entire yard for this family in the branch :)  They are the greatest.  Her husband has dementia and they need to move.  Her basement needed a lot of cleaning from Sandy and so we had the opportunity to help do her yard and basement to have someone come and look at the house tomorrow.  This woman is a great example of being of good cheer; even when you are pelted from every angle with hardship.  She is amazing!

Our district is amazing!  I love them all.  Sister Lee and I are getting closer than ever to the sisters we serve with. There is always so much to learn from other people’s strengths!

The Elders in our district got the cops called on them just one street over from our pad.... all they were doing was knocking. I felt bad!   The complaint was "They are two people 'claiming' to be missionaries" I got a good laugh!  haha
 
Linda is still going strong and keeping commitments!  I love her to death!  The Spanish Hermanas had a baptism yesterday at 4:00!   We invited Linda to come and she loved it!   They showed the Restoration video while Flor was changing and she felt the spirit so strong.  As she explained her feelings we helped her understand that that is the spirit testifying of truth.  She is the funniest lady!  We’ll have a lesson today with her and she is making us dinner :)

I have had so many experiences where the Lord puts you where he wants you - and I know this is where I’m supposed to be.

The beach was fun last week!  We had a great time!  Today we are going to Flushing (little Asia) and Jamaica to get Korean ingredients for Sister Lee to make a member a meal she requested and to get some I love NY tee-shirts.  I’m excited to go to the city and walk around.  I’ve never done that really except my first day in New York.  haha

I hope everyone is doing well.  I need to be better about writing in my journal so that when I sit down at the computer I have good things to say.  I guess it is nice to be able to focus more on the work and less on home- that was such a struggle.

Love you all! :) Letters are always nice.  I appreciate them!  Thanks for the prayers and support.

Sister Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment