FANCLUB!!
Things are great! This week has been sooo much better. Feelings
of homesickness are starting to subside so I can work more and more without
distractions :)
I am so happy to hear
from you all. I got your letters, mom. Thanks
for sending that. It is easier
to read in full. Yesterday was Memorial Day, so today the library was
open. So here we are ;) I wrote you guys yesterday a letter- so I will
mail that tomorrow hopefully. I will write
the answers to the letters the kids sent on p-day, hopefully... no promises
haha.
Before I get to your
QA I will write some things of the
week...
There are so many
blessing that we get from being here. So
many people serve us, we have had our groceries bought or our laundry done. People are so kind in the ward.
We have done a lot of
service. We worked at a house in Long
Beach, that was hit by Sandy and demoed it, helped people move, moved boxes
from attics... it's my favorite part of the mission! It is so great to think that we saved him 12
hours of man labor, times 8 people.
The weather is crazy.
One day sunny as can be, the next POOOOORING. Haha I love it. Reminds me of WA and CA every other day ;)
I bought a GPS...
let's get real, after getting lost 2 times it was a priority. We all know I
have not been blessed with the best internal map.Huge blessing. I found a pair of flats for a DOLLAR
NINTEEEEEEN! WHAT?!!! are you kidding me?
Love it!
Preach My Gospel is the best book
alive. Add it to your standard works asap.
We are going to start
a Book of Mormon class with nonmembers/ investigators and members. We did it
all the time in the MTC. You receive so
much personal inspiration. I think it
will really strengthen peoples testimonies. It was an inspired idea. :)
I do wish I had more
time to study. There is so much I wish I
knew, but just not enough time to study... although we have 3 hours each day.
haha
Today at District
Meeting we dedicated the area. It is
much needed, we had our pad (apartment) dedicated last week. It makes a huuuuuuge difference. The spirit is there in full now. It's the best.
The drivers are CRAZY,
and the roads aren't a grid that's for sure; but the car is the best blessing!
I I am so thankful for it especially on the rainy days.
We did a hot chocolate
stand! Our mission goal is just to let
the church be known, so that was the purpose- we invited people to church too
:)
I've ripped my skirt
kneeling so much to pray, and I do indeed have calluses from kneeling :) haha
hardwood floor does that to you. haha
We are working with 3
people and some less active families. We are praying for a baptismal date here
soon. The mission goal is to get a
baptism a transfer. Hefty goal but we
will do our best. I am just so grateful
I am meeting people. I have only
taught one lesson since being here. There
are so many cancellations and just a very limited amount of people to teach. We're working on it :)
My comps brother
dances with T. Swift. Someone tell
Jimmy S.
Personal inspiration
is bomb. You get it all the time. Seriously though, you always are getting
something that you just have to write down. It's the best.
Norene, thanks for the
apron. I literally use it every meal.
I'm wondering how you obtained an antibiotic
without seeing a doctor? There is a mission doctor that just
talks to you on the phone.
What do you need to obtain a library
card? A letter with my address. So thanks
for the letter.
Was Sister Lee called from Korea to serve her mission or did she immigrate to the states on her own and called from somewhere here in the states? Her grandparents are the last generation to be in Korea. She is from San Diego.
Is Sister Lee a younger sister or
over 30? 22 years old.
So there is a set of Creole Speaking
Elders then a set of Spanish speaking Sisters and then you and Sister Lee? Is
that correct? Elders Campbell/Pulla- Creole/Spanish Sisters McgrathEellsworth- Spanish.
What language is your branch church
held in if you have Creole and Spanish Speaking missionaries serving in your
branch? English, everyone else has
translations.
Do you eat with members or cook for
yourselves? Cook for self. Every meal. It's good I
love to clean and Sister Lee loves to cook. Cuz that is how every meal goes :)
Do you have a mailbox at your
apartment where we can mail you directly rather than sending mail to the
mission home? We get letters no packages
I love you all! thanks for the
prayers I feel them.
Love Sister Freeze!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment