Saturday, June 8, 2013

Monday, June 03, 2013

HELLOOO!
Great to hear from everyone! :)

Q and A first--
Do you have a washer and dryer in your apartment or do you go to a laundry mat? Yeah. But they stink- the Branch president's wife is great about letting us use hers. It helps us so much. She is an amazing lady!
What is the name of your branch and your stake or district?  Lynbrook   Is it a stake or a district?   District
How long has your companion been out on her mission?   9 months 
How long has she been in Lynbrook?   This is her second transfer  
In how many other areas has she served?   Umm. 4 I think.
With your hot chocolate stand, did you give away hot chocolate or sell it?   Give it away.   Did anyone visit your hot chocolate stand?   Like 6 people, we invited them to church  
What kind of response did you get to and at your hot chocolate stand?   Tons of honks.  We had a "honk if you prayed" today sign that was a hit!  
Did people want to chat religion or just get their hot chocolate and leave?   Hot chocolate and leave.
What is the damage like from Sandy? Is the damage hit and miss, where one house is fine and the one right next to it is not? Or is a whole area damaged and uninhabitable? Where are people living, working, what are they doing, what is it like for them six months after the storm? Was the house that you helped demolish in your own area or in the area of another set of missionaries?  It is in our area, but because of the elliptical we don’t go there often. We went to the private beach while we were there and just sat in the sand. The rule is just not to go in or near the water. The area is getting going again. It is definitely in the rebuilding stages though. It looks more dirty than it does demolished. I’m blessed to be able to help them.

Alright, here are the deets from the week that I wrote as highlights in my journal:)
--the birds here remind me a lot like the hunger game bird! They are all so sing-songy. I love it! I have never heard birds like this before coming to NY :)
--My companion and I eat frozen fruit like candy... who knew frozen mangos would taste like ice cream?! They are great for on the go!
-- I am being reminded that there are so many different ways to do one thing haha :) It’s great to get out of your comfort shell every once in while.
--We knock basically every night for 2-3 hours. WE FINALLY GOT TO TECACH A LESSON AND GET A RETURN APPT! :) They are great. Mid 50’s Id guess and just as nice as can be! We taught the restoration. That was the second time I was able to teach the restoration and more specifically the point about Joseph Smith. There is nothing more powerful then to teach that. The spirit is always so strong. What a neat experience for me!
--Boothvleen! Amaaaaaazing! Working sooooo hard to get to church and do lessons with us! She was the other lesson I got to teach with the restoration.
--Every morning we role play as if we are the investigator or missionary. I thought that would be just for the MTC. But it is sooo beneficial!
--I am learning the doctrine of Christ better than ever! I am gaining more understanding for the Atonement in the small things in life not just the big things. I’m so grateful for the Savior. It’s amazing to think we wouldn't be able to return back to our Heavenly Father without him.
--Listen to ALL of 'if you could hie to Kolab" ALL verses. "There is no end to...___" think about how deep that is. Whoa.
--Last week it was freezing! This week it is like 90's! Crazy!!
--Good quote: "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior. President Packer
--I’m going to grow out my hair. No one to impress, and cheaper ;)
--The spirit and sincere prayer is helping me learn so much more quickly than ever before!  I am so blessed! seriously! Thanks for the support and prayers!
I love you all!
Sister Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment