Monday, May 20, 2013
Dear Family,
Things are crazy here! BUSYYYYYY! I love it. But I am definitely
struggling to keep my head in the game. I am really, really homesick, and
overwhelmed with all the emails I've been getting. I want to email them all back-
I really do, but U.S. mail letters sent to me from the boys would be best if
you want a real response! I want to write back so if you can do letters that
would help me. To anyone that is reading the blog too... as for mom and dad-
emails are good. :) actually- a must. President told us to slam the door on our
home life so we can work. Hardest thing ever. I actually got a blessing on Saturday
from the elders. I had a few mental breakdowns.
Though there isn't a standard time to email in the field- the
library has an hour rule until I get a library card. soooo... that's hard for me
to swallow.
Here are the answers from the question and answer section. I'll put some of the things from my journal
as I can too.
Was everyone in your MTC district headed to your exact
mission? No. MTC district had LA batt, Chicago,
SLC, Nauvoo, and New York. Only two elders came with me to NYC and then we
combined with another MTC district.
What is the name of your MTC
companion? Sister Lyons
What was the name of your MTC
district? 43-D
Where did your MTC teachers serve
their missions? I don't remember.
Craig wants to know, Have you cried? If
so for what reason? Yes. So many times. It's really hard
here. I need lots of prayers so I can focus; and sick.
Explain about teaching fake
investigators. Are they really nonmembers? Are you really teaching them because
they are interested or are they just there because someone asked them to be? Some
members, some nonmembers, some volunteer, others paid. It's hard cuz often times
they don't go with the spirit and more of an agenda in their head. Not real
feeling.
How many missionaries traveled with
you on your flight(s) to New York? 15ish
Did you go to bed Sunday night before leaving the MTC to fly
out Monday morning? Yes. 5 hours
of sleep plus airplane.
Are there any
stories to share about your flight or travel to the mission field? Shira already getting
ready for baptism.
What happened the day you arrived in
the "field"? Meetings, trainings etc
Did you spend the night in the
mission home or go straight to your assigned area? Mission home. Calderwood's have a HUGE HOUSE! I love them. Best
Mission President ever.
How many Elders and how many Sisters
are going to your mission with you? More sisters than elders.
Did the mission president and his
wife and the AP's have some kind of orientation meeting for you at the mission
home? Yeah. It was good. The APs are great.
What is your first area?
Lynbrook. subburb. Not so populated. Homes. We drive a car. Subaru Legacy
How did you get to your 1st area?
Alone or with a companion? Did the AP's or Zone Leaders take you to your area?
Do you have a transfer point where you all meet and exchange areas or just go
to a new area on your own? On a bus? Subway? Taxi? Personal Car? Hard to
explain. Send me a letter including this email- more details if you do.
What culture shock
are you experiencing? So many languages. Spanish and Creole.
Do you live with members? In an
apartment? With another set of missionaries? in apartment just Sister Lee
and I.
Are you assigned to a branch or a
ward? Branch. 2 languages. We had stake (district) conference
and ended up listening to the 70 speak. I needed that. It felt like home for
once.
How many missionaries are assigned to
your branch or ward? 3 sets. We the ROCK! We play handball (a NY version of
wall ball) for exercise every morning. English/Creole Elders Spanish Sisters
Does your ward or branch meet in a
traditional church building? Yes. It used to be
a dentist office.
Like I said, keep sending letters with the emails. Include the
boys and dads dear elders if possible.
I had strep. It was a miracle I was better in 2 days. Still on
antibiotics didn't have to go to dr.
Love the work. I am learning so many of my faults. It is quite
the humbling experience.
Sister Lee is the most obedient. I am so blessed. I had been
praying and praying for an obedient comp. She is very introverted and just so
loving. She is Korean!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To everyone that has been emailing JaLynn please try and stick to actual US postal mail so it is easier on her. She does want to reply.
Sister JaLynn Freeze
New York, New York South Mission
85-69 60th Drive
Elmhurst, New York 11373-5547
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment