Monday, December
23, 2013
I appreciate the update. Sounds like a lot of fun!
I found out that my iPad, that I thought was configured
to be watched by church headquarters was set up, but it wasn't! Haha! The
reason it was so funny, was because some of the elder's wasn't configured and I
gave them a lot of grief, sarcastically, that they were being disobedient. Long story short, we found out that mine
wasn't either. I couldn't stop laughing.
But NOW church headquarters can see my
every move.
How about Christmas Day, between 1:30-2:00, my time for
phoning home? We have been asked to do
visits that day, so we will see what we end up doing. The mission is having a mission conference
tomorrow. We will meet at the Planview
chapel, which is closer to my old area. This will be my first meeting as a
mission! I am so excited! We are to meet at the mission office at
SEVEN-THIRTY AM, and it takes an hour thirty to get there from Brooklyn. We will have an early morning. But we are excited. Tomorrow night will also be good-we are going
Christmas caroling with a family in the ward.
New Year's Day is a normal day, and New Year ’s Eve we
come home at 6pm, do "anything" but cards. I plan to sleep. We don't get much of that here...
Our district is passing around the stomach flu, so that
may be my companionship soon. I sure
hope not.
This week we haven't been able to get in touch with our
investigators really much at all. I feel
kind of bad. We went to see our investigator and she was not feeling well. We just
pray for them. Sometimes that's all you can do.
We had a Christmas fireside that I was asked to play in
for the Spanish ward, and I played with Sister Lewis. We performed Angels We Have Heard on High. A member of their bishopric who let
me borrow his clarinet asked if I could play in their sacrament meeting on this
last Sunday- and it went well. We played
the same song, and he added the flute part. He played great and it went well. The Spanish ward is tiny. I wish some of the English ward could come
support them with callings or something. They don't even have a pianist for sacrament
meeting. I'm not sure why the
missionaries in that ward don't play for them. I know a few of them know how.
The training is going really well. I have been able to learn a lot. I don't know what there is to say any more
about missionary work- it's just really the same from week to week? What do you want me to report?
Mom and Dad, did either of you train on your mission?
I am so thankful for the experiences I'm having.
Training this week has been great! :) Sister Hodgson is really just progressing
so well! I am so proud of her. There is so much that she teaches me. I recognize the huge responsibility, but it am
not as overwhelmed as I was.
Sorry for the lame email. This week has been great!
No comments:
Post a Comment