FANN. CLUB.
Soooo-the work is coming along! So much to say. You all
know I wish I could just give all the details, but... that's not always
practical ;)
So- journal highlights coming your way!
Did i talk about **** before? I don't remember, haha. Either
way- she came to church alone and has a ton of interest! She wasn't able to
come this week but we have every intention of meeting with her this week! Can't
wait! We have gotten quite a few referrals from the church and the Sister
Training leaders. We pray the spirit will be there. We met with ****. Also
soo great! she has such a desire to learn, work is just hard to be able to come
to church.
In the MTC I was given a neat method of marking my scriptures to
go well with PMG- so will take pictures so you can see it when you get my
memory card. I don't have a ton of pictures so I probably won't send it for a
while...
Our branch missionaries rock! I loooove them. They do a lot to
help us. I forget what I write about so, if it's a repeat I guess it is
important, right? :) We got a new Senior couple a few weeks ago, and they are
the best. They are over medical and are in our area! Hard workers and a great
asset to the work. We have taken them teaching before. We teach around 1-2 planned
lessons a week. That is something I never thought would be the case. I thought
all missionaries taught AT LEASTTTTTTTTT 5 lessons. hahahaha nope :) and you
know what? We can study hard for the ones we have. It makes me really grateful.
I have to study a lot to be prepared. There is so much technique to teaching a
good lesson. I have to remind myself that doubt and fear are of the devil. The
reason I know it is, is because before my mission I would never in my life fear
teaching a lesson. :) so studying relieves that.
Need a laugh? Allow my blonde-ness to provide for you. I forgot
to put the soap in last week's laundry. That's a "Sister Freeze
moment" for ya.
I wish investigators loved us as much as the mosquitoes do ;)
hehe okay, I'm just kidding- but really I get eaten ALIVE! I have been told that
they favor west coast blood. Nooo idea what that means....
This week was a deep clean week- so we chose one day to deep
clean! Holy Hannah. I had no realization of how much like mom I am. Happy to
say, 5 hours later, that it is clean :)
We had a neat experience, that is very spiritual. My companion and
I were tracting in the cats and dogs that were falling from the
heavens and we randomly see this gate to a back yard that was HUGGGGE!
...we were super curious, so we walked in the back yard. I don't know what we
were thinking. But luckily enough it was a senior living place! We have been
praying as a district for service opportunities over and over- and lo and
behold here was our opportunity. So we walked in to this VERY HIGH END facility
SOAKING wet (literally to my underwear, I had 2 coats on and 3 shirts) and
asked how we could serve. So we came back got an "interview" and our
whole district will volunteer a few times a week. I am just so excited. They need
someone to play the piano. Very excited to sit and play again. There are so
many great people there and they even asked if we would share spiritual
quotes!!! What?! Stoked.
We saw this on a door last week. 'We both love our vacuum, we
already found God and we already donated at the office! Thanks-- and
Goodbye!" I could not stop laughing!
We also had exchanges with the training sisters! Sister Chipman
was with me and we stayed in Lynbrook, and Sister lee went with sister Neilsen
to the temple to do baptisms with the YSA ward. :) We had SO much fun! we ate
at my first NY Deli- helped an amazing woman move and FEARLESSED! Fearlessing
is just walking up to people and talking to them. I learned a lot from her and
am excited to apply it! Also. someone tell Lynette that Sister Chipman went to
HS with Curtis! They are in the same stake! I almost died. Apparently the Chipmans
are a well known family :)
This is a very tender experience. Hard to talk about- but is a
good reminder to me of the importance of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Spanish Sister's have an AMAZINGGGGG investigator. Like golden! She is
planning to be baptized very soon. But she had twins last week and one passed
away on Sunday. That was a really
hard experience for all the missionaries and everyone. She needed a translator as quickly as possible
but she was located in Manhattan. So with
permission- in the middle of Sunday School they bolted to the
hospital with President Anderson, our branch president. What a miracle the
gospel is in her life at this trying time, and that the missionaries could be
there in her time of need. We continually pray for her to be comforted and for
the health of her second baby. I was heartbroken. But man, there is nothing
more comforting than the atonement and knowledge of the plan of salvation. I
know it's real.
A woman we know has a daughter who has 2 turtles- and I asked Naomi
what her turtles names were. She hadn't named them-- so I jokingly told
her to name them after Sister Lee and I. Come to find out yesterday SHE DID!
hahaha. I was so excited :) It's the little things...
I have been personally prompted on MULTIPLE occasions of the
importance of 72 hour kits. Sister Lee and I have decided to make the expense
of being prepared. Mom, what things do you think we might need? There has been
talk of this year being another hurricane year. Previously the 25 sisters went
to the mission home, but with 50 sisters that won't be possible. We need to
take the prophets heed and be ready.
What Kind of foods do you eat most
weeks? We eat a ton of rice. We probably average 1 dinner
appt a week- so we eat at home a ton, so chicken and rice is our staple :)
I live with a Korean remember? I love her!
What was your zone activity last
week? We went to Plainview chapel (Lynbrook doesn't have a gym)
and played volleyball. Was told AGAINNNNN that I was great at volleyball. Anyone
laughing? haha I am getting decent- I must admit! Especially with no phone on
the court to distract me....
How is your purse/bag working out? I love it- it's just ripping though. :(
What are some of the stores that are the same as we are familiar
with? What are some of the stores that are new to you? Oh.
Wal-Mart is dumpy here. We go to Target. There is a store called Stop n Shop we
go to on occasion- it's simply a grocery store. I don't know if it is a chain. There
are tons of new gas stations I've never heard of. I don't even recall the names
of them. There are your usual chain restaurants but TONS of family owned ones
as well. We went to The Cheesecake Factory for the 1 year mark of Sister Ellsworth
a few weeks ago.... that may have been a poor idea. Suuuuper expensive :/ live
and learn, right?
We hit our member present goal last week! We hit it as a companionship
(2 lessons with a member present), 8 as a district ANNNNND we beat our goal as
a ZONE of 44/42! SOOOOOOOO excited! The Lord is sure helping us prepare the
people.
Sister Lee thinks Amber is beautiful and tells me often! :)
I hope all is well :) I love you all. I feel so loved by the
letters and emails.
I know the church is true. There is nothing that brings more
comfort than doing what we are supposed to.
Love,
Sister Freeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment