Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Special Easter

Today is clearly a special day :) I am so grateful I got to spend the last few hours of my Easter Sunday with my siblings. Tonight we sat on my bed and watched 3 to 4 Mormon Channel Easter videos. :) I am amazed at how smart my siblings are and how much they know... I know I didn't know as much about different church principles as they do, when I was their age. Actually, I still learn a lot from them and their commentary. There are very few things that I love more than church discussions with my siblings.  I love to see their testimony grow, and how sincere they are about the gospel.

I have been thinking about the Savior and all that he has done for me, and I marvel. He is so amazing. It intimidates me so much to think that I am to pattern my life after someone so perfect and wholesome. Though it may stress me to constantly be doing the right thing, it is such a blessing to know that He knows absolutely EVERYTHING about me, my feelings, emotions and thoughts. He knows me and loves me. Sometimes it catches me really off guard that someone can love me more than I love others. I feel an immense amount of love for my mom and dad, and Amber, Tyson and Craig, for my extended family, those I work closely with, people I serve, and my friends, and to think that He loves me more than I love them blows me out of the water. I am grateful I have a small glimpse of that love though.

Today in Sunday School we kind of got on the topic of how being happy is a commandment. Satan is the one that is trying to get us to be miserable like unto himself. Just remember that we should strive to be happy, and when we are happy we need to "stock up on it," as was said today in class :) Share your testimony with others, and share that happiness. It will make you happy longer ;)

I have so much gratitude for the Atonement and Resurrection, it makes me happy to know that someone loves me so much to sacrifice their life for me but then have the faith to follow through and then be resurrected, so I thought I'd share that so that I can "stock up" on this amazing emotion.

Today is the 30 day mark for me leaving to the MTC. It dawned on me today that I only have 2 more weeks in my YSA ward. I have this General Conference Sunday, Fast Sunday, then my farwell talk and then I will go to Utah to be with my family the week before I report. It is all coming so fast, I feel like I have so much to do to be ready spiritually-but luckily I can learn a lot in 30 days.

These two videos made my last Easter Sunday at home special, and more special to be able to watch them with my siblings. :)
http://www.mormonchannel.org/easter-videos?v=1548356253001

http://www.mormonchannel.org/easter-videos?v=911129090001



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog :) It is so uplifting and makes me smile when I read it! I can't wait to see you in 30 days when you get here to Utah. You are such a great example for your siblings and other people around you. See you soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was stalking people on Colton's facebook, I found your blog. Yay for stalking!! I can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things that will happen on your mission. We are headed to Utah this Friday for conference and then we take him to the MTC on Wed.- I'm pretty much freaking out!! He however is cool as a cucumber. Miss and love you!
    Kristin~

    ReplyDelete