Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The latest preparations!

So. We are down to 54 days.

Whew... coming up quick. Lots of things are falling into place making it more secure, not like it wasn't before.

Basically I am to the point where I can count down the days. I have most everything purchased, besides a few more skirts. [those boogers are a beast to find...] I have figured out flight plans, I just have to submit them and send a few more things like a driving record and parental info to President Calderwood. So that is super nice, but it makes it really hard to just wait. Some days it feels like an eternity before leaving and other days it feels like I'm leaving tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things I can't wait to leave, but there are sometimes, when I let myself, I get all gushy about leaving. Both for good reasons :) I'll miss my family to pieces, especially my sister... me and her have gotten really close in the past few years between WA and CA moves.

As far as flight travels, the plan is now to leave Saturday, April 27th and stay with my extended family until my report date, May 1st. My aunt said that we may be able to have a family get together to celebrate my birthday and say goodbyes on Sunday and just visit the other days while I'm there. It will be nice to see them all one more time until I return :)

I just made an appointment to go to the DMV next week so that I can get a personal driving record to send to my mission president. Luckily, its clean-- so nothing to worry about there :) I don't hate a lot of things. but I hate the DMV more than any place ever. So the appointment better get me in and out of there in a painless manner. If that's even possible.

Two weeks ago I got myself a 200$ passport. I am kinda bummed because the likelihood of me actually going to the "Independent Island Nation of Bermuda" (why not call it by its full name... ha) is sooo slim. If I had to make up the percentage of the chance of me going there I would say... .03%. That's being generous. haha I hear there is only one stake the and only 2 sets of Elder missionaries that go there. So since I am a girl... that kinda makes things slim down a bit. haha :) I told my dad I should take a trip somewhere when I get back to take advantage of my passport ;) haha

My mission president sent me a letter telling the new missionaries what they needed to be more prepared for the NYNYS mission specifically. He said things like send your sheets and pillows straight to the mission home, and what to plan on specifically for clothes and what clothes are best to buy there and things like that. He also stated that from January to March they had a goal to baptize 140 people mission-wide. They asked us to pray for that to come forth during that time frame. He also told us that in the mission field each missionary was asked to get a missionary edition of the Book of Mormon and underline and highlight where each of Christs' attributes were listed or where the Atonement was referenced. It makes it hard because we are already asked to reread the Book of Mormon before we leave and I am half way through it- so ill have to do some back tracking. Other than that, I am very excited to be able to find all those references! I think it will be very beneficial for teaching! I can't wait to see if they made their goal of 140 baptisms. I hope they did! ...and actually I don't know if it was going til the end of March or March 1st... haha

My online Book of Mormon class with BYUI is AMAZING! I LOVE IT! If you know me at all you will faint when you read this, but I am grateful we have to memorize scripture for my class. It is preparing me more and more to serve. It is slowly coming easier and easier to memorize, and I can only thank Heavenly Father for that. It is not my strong point at all. I also love that I get to study personally. It is a class and I can discuss things with my classmates later, but not be distracted as I read. I really like that. I have learned so much as I read. I was thinking that this is the 4 or 5th time that I've the Book of Mormon and this is the first time I really feel like I'm getting substantial things out of it.

I just got asked to speak in the Singles Ward April 21st. Should be reaaaal good. The day before my 19th birthday. This Birthday making this all possible :)

There's always more to say--but I'll leave it at that for now.

1 comment:

  1. Time will FLY between now and then. The first two months of waiting were the hardest by far (for me) but now that I have 27 days..it seems surreal! I can't wait to get out in the field. Lately it seems like my days are so pointless and lazy. I need to get moving! Yay for NYNYSM sisters!

    ReplyDelete