Monday, August 11, 2014
Hi
everyone!
Life is
honestly going so well. We are sure
busy! To give you an example I just
counted up the hours on the planner and it looks like in the next 7 days we
only have 4.5 unplanned hours... And those have tentative plans put in place. CRAZY. Ha-ha.
It feels good to have so much to do!
We have
been able to receive 11 new investigators this transfer. Some aren't progressing, and some are taking
it slow-- but we recognize the blessings from Heavenly Father. We have been
fearlessing more people lately. It has
been a good experience to be able find some neat people. The Lord has sure
prepared the pure in heart.
This week
we were able to have an exchange with Sister Hodgson and Jones. I was able to
go with Sister Jones here in Bensonhurst. I am always impressed with the sisters. She has such a desire to serve and work hard. She is still being trained. She is on her 11th week in the mission. She has been learning a lot of things really
fast.
We had a
fun day and started overcoming some of her nervousness of talking to people--
every Saturday we do a zone finding activity, so that was fun. We just walked
around Prospect Park and talked to people.
Sister
Williams and I were asked to give a workshop about Preach My Gospel and using
it more effectively for our zone meeting. It was great. We had it all planned out, and then the day
before, I was just feeling terrible about
it, and when I told Sister Williams that I think we need to re plan it she said
she had studied the same thing that day that I had asked if we could switch it
to. It was evident that as we were presenting it that that was what was needed.
We just took the preparing for
investigators lessons from chapter 2 in PMG. It was great!
We were
also able to have a great experience at service -- we invited a volunteer
worker that is our age to come to church and she came! We hope to teach her, she seems interested :)
She is going to go upstate for school soon... so-- hopefully she can be taught
there too.
I was able
to have a cool study this week. I feel like my studies are improving with time.
Studying for anything has always been a
struggle, but with practice I am able to get more out of my studies. I was
particularly studying about the atonement. I just felt a lot of gratitude this
week for the Savior.
We had
plans to take a specific member to the temple this week for baptisms for the
dead, but it didn’t work out-- and rescheduling it was a struggle. But we will
be taking Sister Dorskey! She is the
sweetest elderly woman. She is like in
her 80’s and been a member for a few decades now, and has never been to do
baptisms or confirmations/endowment at the temple! So she got her temple recommend on Sunday and
we are going with some ward members tomorrow. She is almost 100% deaf, and so when we see
her weekly we just yell so she can hear :) Ha-ha but she is so cute, and always
feeds us. She will only be doing
confirmations- but she is going to love it :)
Things are
going so well here-- there are so many cool people.
Keep it
real!
Love,
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment