Monday, July 14, 2014
Family, Family,
Family,
I HAVE A
NEW COMPANION! This is such a bitter sweet time. I LOVEEE Sister Montgomery so much! She is in Plainview, like we thought she would
be. She was blinded in with Sister Peacock who was a Sister Training Leader
before but was released, and recalled.
I am
companions with Sister Williams! This is
so fun! Sister Williams is the sister
who had poor health and had to go home, and then she came back. That’s when we
were in Midwood together, and I ended up being in a trio with Sisters Lewis and
Hodgson. She has been back for 2 transfers, and this is her third. We came out to New York on the same MTC
flight. She was Spanish speaking. She will be going home one transfer after me
now :)
She is a WORK
HORSE! She works hard, and is obedient in the small things. Which you ALL know I
love and need. Nothing like having a clean conscience.
So, a few
miracles to report. We committed a family to baptism on the first lesson, which
is a standard of excellence in our mission. I think it is church wide too. It is easier
than you think to commit someone to be baptized. I always used to be freaked
out. But luckily with the spirit there, they can feel the importance and want
that change in their life. Her name is
Crystal. She has 2 kids an 8 year old and
a 10 year old. Get how we found her! You’ll die! It was so funny. We were teaching a returning less active, and
we had just got her all set up to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.
When we walked out of her apartment, Crystal’s
door was open, and this member says to her, in her house, "in this church
you can be baptized for your brother, and your mother and your grandparents! You gotta learn more!" Hahaha! It was so funny. Long story short-- we are teaching her now.
When we
went to teach Crystal during the appointment time, she wasn’t home. The time before we went to the LA’s house, we
met another set of neighbors that knew Crystal-- but they were pretty straight
forward and a little overbearing. But I had a prompting this time to knock on their
door and see if they knew if Crystal was home.
I was so scared, but I figured the worst that could happen was they yell
at me. So we knocked, when they answered
they said she was at work. So we left a note on Crystal’s door. We had another
place to go later that day that was by her house so we decided to stop by
again. SHE WAS HOME! We taught her a short lesson, and she was excited.
Crystal said that her neighbors told her that we came by and that they want to
learn about the church. So next time! :)
Everyone needs the gospel, we are happy to share! Even better, was on the way to Chrystal’s
house we fearlessed a woman who just had a baby. She looked to be about 18. She said she wanted us to come and talk to her
about the church. MIRACLES.
Another miracle.
I fearlessed a man in Midwood when we
were doing zone service at Prospect Park, and we talked for about 20 minutes. We got his number and I just called it
yesterday. The person that answered the phone
was a girl, and she said she knew a guy named Joe, but as we started describing
the Joe we knew and she described the Joe she knew -- it was 2 different Joes. We continued to talk and she asked questions about
our church and she said that she wants to learn more about prophets and how
Christ's church is on the earth again. It was so cool! So she said we can call her back—she wants to think
about it more. But she talked to us for
quite a while. It is so nice when people
have sincere questions, and aren't looking to prove the church wrong with dumb
questions.
I have 13
spider bites on my legs from the night! WAHOO! Not. Haha! I don’t know what it is about bugs, but they
EAT ME ALIVE! I’m not looking forward
to the brunt of the summer. So many mosquitoes to come. Haha!
We had Mission
Leaders Conference this week. Booya! It
was so good. The spirit was so strong and
just testified to the whole room about the importance of Preach My Gospel. I wish you could all be there to experience
the almost tangible feeling. We have a
new Assistant, Elder Baker, he is just a boss!
He will be a mission president one day. Mark my words. Most humble person I think I have ever met.
We have
some more news to show the growth and hastening of the Lords work. We have
added ASL SISTER MISSIONARIES, they have just finished training. So like the Chinese sisters were, they were
blinded into/in charge of making a new pool. So the ASL elders used to be in a
family ward/YSA district and now they get to break off and be ASL only. It is a pretty huge deal…And Korean sisters
are coming into the mission in a few months, and that was just made an official
language here.
I notice
that the Lord is really involved in the work. You really can't deny that. I have been thinking about the importance of consecrating
our efforts. There is so much to give. I
just need to take the steps to really give it.
We are
teaching a Muslim woman, and it is so fun to be able to teach her about our
Savior, and about how to pray and things. It makes me appreciate the basics of the
gospel so much more. A lot of the people
that we teach already have a testimony of Jesus and things. So teaching
the other things sometimes comes a little easier. But I know that He hears and
answers prayers. It is pretty evident if
we take a step into the dark.
I have made
some vision goals and plans for this transfer. I am pretty excited about them!
The Sister’s
Conference is coming together well too. I am thankful for Sister Calderwood. She is
taking on a fair amount so we can still work. I am thankful for her example. We went to the mission home to plan for the
conference yesterday, and President was home. I wish you could see their family
interact. It is just amazing. They are
great parents.
:) I love
you all.
Love,
Sister JaLynn
Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment