Monday,
April 28, 2014
Alright, So hopefully today I can write a more detailed
letter than last week!
I'll start with the yucky things, so I can end on a
good note...
I am pretty sick. I slept for 13 hours yesterday, I
almost didn't go to church so that I could rest but I am glad I did go [there
is a LA family that I have personally decided to make my first priority, and they
were at church. They came. I am so excited
to help those kids! I already love them and have only met them a few times] but
after all that sleep last night I feel better. My body just aches and feels
like led- but on the plus side, nothing else really is hurting. No sore throat,
no headaches... just my body.
So, last week was great! P-day was great, we just
loaded up the car and went to Plainview. It was mine and another elder’s
birthday-- let me tell you. It was SO awkward to be the center of attention. Granted-
everyone must be laughing that, but a year without being the center of
attention is bizarre to all of the sudden have a whole day about you. Forever
changed, I suppose.
It was funny, because we lost the keys to the car the
night prior-- and had to break into our house through the window. Ha-ha. The elders helped us, and so did our
landlord. It was a tender mercy, the elders found them last Monday morning in
the couch of the church cushion. We felt so blessed! Mom asked about the rap
that Sister May, and the elders in my last district wrote-- here it is:
"
BIRTHDAY RAP
PARTY IN THE YSA - FROZEN STATE OF FREEZE
Yeah, She was off in Cali.
Now She's here in New York
Exact Obedience
Now you know how she works
She's the new STL
And since she made it here
She can make it anywhere
Yeah, they love her everywhere
She use to pump in Midwood
Kickin' it with Zone 2
Right there up on Prospect
Followed by her own crew
Now she's with a new crowd
Moved into Zone 8
Joined a new family
Ya we're better than great
Fender bender prophesy
'sato muscle gimme sigh
Maybe this'll make you cry
But you know you're always fly!
Even when the time's breezy
Teachin’ like its comin’ easy
I know I may sound cheesy
Just cuz we love you Freezy
Cruisin' down Round Swamp
Off Old Bethpage
Driving so swift
Actin' like she's got road-rage
Time for a remedy
Here comes the melody
Tell by my attitude
She's from the New York South Mission
Forever Chaaaaanged (Sister May Jump in)
New York!
One year older, time for a replay
Big shouts for your birthday
Serving in New York!
PowerRanger Fuchi in Plainview
May Freeze can inspire you
Let's hear it for Freezy, Freezy, Freezy
She walked out the door on transfer day
Everybody's looking at her now.
Like who's that Sis gone STL?
She's gotta be a powerhouse!
Jumps in the car. Here we go for the first time
Looks to her right and she sees the city fade by
This is all so crazy
She hasn't seen a tree in ages
The winter season was a time for lots of service.
"Ain't no thang." cause she ain't nervous
And so we're here to drop your favorite tune
And the remixing is on,
and the remixing is on,
and the remixing is on...
Freezy, put your hands up we're singing your song
We got you on your own birthday
20 years old like yeah
Fearless for days like yeah
Freezy, put your hands up you're in the best zone
You know it's gonna be so great
YEAH!!!!!
It's your party in the YSA.
New York!
One year older, time for a replay
Big shouts for your birthday
Serving in New York!
PowerRanger Fuchi in Plainview
May Freeze can inspire you
Let's here it for Freezy, Freezy, Freezy
Freezy, put your hands up we're singing your song
We got you on your own birthday
20 years old like yeah
Fearless for days like yeah
Freezy, put your hands up you're in the best zone
You know it gonna be so great
YEAH!!!!!
It's your party in the YSA.
YEAH!!!!!
It's your party in the YSA."
Tuesday was District meeting and we talked about the
things that we want to implement here Bensonhurst- since all but 2 of us are
new. We talked about wanting to do street sweeps for finding activities, which
is some of my favorite things to do. A street sweep is just a table that is has
pamphlets and stuff, and then we just sweep the street. We also talked about
implementing the 'fearless the 500' goal here too. It may take some time to get
everyone on board, which is okay-- it is worth it. We need to show The Lord we
are working to teach people.
Each week we go to different leaders meetings with the
zones that we are over, and this week the one in Zone 1 was really good. The
Zone leaders head the meeting with all of the district leaders of that zone. We
talked about having a good work ethic and also about doing everything with the
intention of serving The Lord and our fellowman. I was really intrigued, it
helped me to remember the reasons why we do things.
I am now in Zone 2, this is the same zone that I served
when I was in Brooklyn the first time. Let me tell you-- I. love. This. Zone. Boy
have I missed it. A lot has changed in just 2 transfers, but it still feels like
home. We find ourselves in Midwood- where I served before- a lot. It is like 10
minutes away in the car.
Because I am STL I have a car here in Brooklyn, and
metro cards for the trains too. Driving the car is sure annoying to park, and
it takes just as long to get anywhere. It really is just great to be able to
get to our meetings that are far away. It was actually really a blessing we got
the car, we were able to get the last car that the mission had available. For
some reason, they hadn't accounted for our transportation so we just asked for
both. We drive a Toyota Corolla 2013.
We have been blinded in to Bensonhurst, and that has
been quite the experience. We are really busy, and always have things to do,
which I really love. We have MLC this Thursday. I am pretty excited- there is
always revelation that comes from those meetings. We also started our exchanges
this week. We have already had one in Bushwick. We associate a talk that we do
with the exchanges. We were able to fearless people, and we had a few neat
experiences. I met a girl that went to the chapel in Queens and wanted to come
back for the youth programs! Then we met a less active on the street whose
records were lost, and that was epic! Another
one that was cool, was we found a former investigator that one of the older
missionaries in our mission taught. It
was super cool experience! It just goes
to show that The Lord leads us to the people that we need to talk to if we just
open our mouth. Honestly, there is a lot of things I want the sisters to learn,
but I think at the end of the day that
is one of the biggest! Sister Michalsky is spectacular! She is training on transfer 5 and just doing
a great job! Miracles are coming because
of their obedience!
So, we also had a meeting with Sister Calderwood, we
were able to start planning the sister’s conference that is happening in July.
We plan it all from top to bottom. It
was originally going to be in June, but due to a really special visit from
Elder Nielsen that same time we moved it to July. There are now four sets of
Sister Training Leaders, one for each of the stakes since the addition of the
new stake... man. Sorry this email is so jumbled. My thoughts are not in order!
So all 4 companionships met up and planned together with her at her house. It
was amazing out of all the principles and doctrines we could have chosen, when
we came together we all had similar themes. We decided on "Forget-Me-Nots"
by President Uchtdorf. :) These conferences are there to help the sisters be
reminded of the love that God has for them. I am super excited. It was amazing
how clear it was that that was the talk that we needed to do. It was just clear
in my mind. I have never had an experience like that. Pretty special!
Whoa. So, about Sister Montgomery. She is. So. Great! I love her! We get along really well. She is always on to
the next thing, and we have the same work ethic :) It is great!!
The weather is getting nice, I am excited! The snow has
been miserable!
Lately I have been learning a lot about the atonement.
I feel like there is a never ending amount of trust. I just know that The Lord
loves us. He literally wants us to understand our potential and he knows our
needs. I have been feeling that over and over. We are blessed to be his
children.
I love you all,
Love Sister Freeze!
No comments:
Post a Comment