Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24, 2014

Why helllllllo :)

I like to recount the week by days of the week when I have the time to, so here you go--

The only thing you don't know about MONDAY was what we did that night.  We got some things prepped for our presentation to President Nulty on the '5-5-5' [our Branch President].  After that we went to FHE.  I am pleased with how they do FHE’s here.  They have a solid 30 min lesson, and then do the activity.  We played sardines.  All it is, is hide and go seek, but opposite.  Instead of one person looking for everyone, it’s everyone is looking for one person that went to hide first, and then you join that person that is hiding :) I am really afraid of the dark I realized.  Well- I don’t know if it is that I am afraid of the dark, but I hate people scaring me.  Which happened like 4 times... plus the church gets REALLLLY dark with all the lights are off at night. I just held Sister May’s hand.

On TUESDAY we had a district meeting! We solidified second quarter's goals and had a great workshop about progression and how we are either moving forward or backward.

We are also trying to meet a lot of the people in the branch, so we met with a cool guy in the branch, that hasn't been able to make it out to church due to work.  

We also taught our recent convert- and did family history with him. Talk about the coolest kid ever.... Okay, ready for this?  He is moving to Florida, [we are so sad...] and he set up ALL by himself to go to the temple open house in Florida!  Also, he brought a friend a few weeks ago to a lesson, and some friends to volleyball on Wednesday of this week... He is just a power house missionary, sharing the gospel with everyone.  He asks the greatest questions and on WEDNESDAY we went to the temple with him for the first time!  It was spectacular.  He kept saying over and over again "this place feels so different, it feels so good... the whole time.  That family history work is going to be the death of us.  Somehow he had too many lds.org accounts, and so only some of them had the membership record number on it that allowed him to access the ordinances that needed to be done for his parents and grandma.  But with many phone calls to people that are over family history [probably in Salt Lake] and many hours later we were able to get it worked out with his one account. So Wednesday morning we all went to Rego Park, because there was a temple trip that day for missionaries that have anniversary trips and the senior couple that are over the trips are the Owen’s :) and they are in our area [I am currently sitting at their house right now... haha] so we all went together, plus another member from the branch that wanted to go, came with us. So, we all had a good time. The missionaries did their session and we did the baptisms.  Elder Owen did the baptizing, Mike was baptized for his dad, and me for his mom, and Sister May for his grandma.  It was so special when is dad was being baptized for. The spirit was so strong. He is excited to be sealed to them next year :) After that, the Owens took us out to get Chinese food while we waited for the endowment to be over, and then we went back. Mike really is so into the gospel, and is real growth!  He is actively visiting hospitalized people in the branch by himself, or cleaning the church without being asked... just the coolest guy.  We are excited to see how he can help grow the ward he moves too.

Wednesday we also had volleyball and the person that Mike invited enjoyed himself and will be coming this week too!

On THURSDAY Sister May was coughing out the wazoo, and felt yucky, so we stayed in the house and deep cleaned the whole thing.  I don’t think it had ever been deep cleaned since the church rented that place... ridiculous, and then we also weekly planned.  She got some money from a friend and so we went to Wendy’s for dinner and got a frosty- that was a fun treat. I also finished unpacking that day.  haha almost 4 weeks into the transfer I am moved in. ;) It feels so good to have it clean.  We have gotten it dedicated now.  So, that’s good.  It’s much easier for me to focus when we do stuff now too haha.

FRIDAY.... we are racking our brain and cannot think of what happened. Sorry.

But, I do remember what happened on SATURDAY!  We had leaders meeting [the Sister Training leaders go to that, with the Zone leaders and District leaders in our zone] We talked about finding activities that we could do and some other items of business. After that meeting we needed lunch, and the zone leaders have a Costco card- so all the leadership went to Costco for pizza/hot dogs. haha. It was fun. Then we got some things done, and came back to the church for the dinner that the stake leaders put on for all the missionaries :) We are really excited because they had a leadership meeting for all of the leaders in the ward and branch’s on missionary work!  We weren't invited to that one, but we were invited to the adult session of stake conference that night. The 3 zone leaders of the stake and STL’s were asked to sit on the stand, and it was a great session all about hastening the work of salvation.  I'm sure your ward and stakes are having that focus too. There is nothing like being united in working together.  We are getting glimpses of the miracles that are happing from following that counsel.  So stoked.  It was just a really revelatory meeting for a lot of people I feel like, it was for me.

There are 2 miracle stories.  One was a missionary in our mission that got hit by a car, and got thrown on the windshield, and it was a hit and run. But he ended up walking away from that without a tear in his suit. The other story was of a missionary here that was going 5 under the speed limit, being totally obedient and safe, and got hit head on by a drunk driver and also were fine. They were told to take the next day off but they called president and said that they didn’t even have whip lash... [Mind you, 12 of the 12 air bags went off...] The Lord sure protects us. I know that.

The SUNDAY session was great. Our investigator-THAT IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!- loved all of them. He is also just real growth if I have ever seen it. He asked how he can help with the missionary efforts, and talked about how he wants to help us find people by setting up a table at his community college campus... he has already given out a Book of Mormon, and asked for a stack of more of them, and writes about the church in his papers at school and does church stuff for his photography classes. He's just ready. :) We are excited for him and his fiancé, who is returning more and more strongly to the gospel again!

Last night we had a lesson, that some-how turned into a party. But we were the party poopers and had everyone gather for a lesson on the commandments. We had each person talk about one of the ten and say how it’s blessed their life :) We are excited for Dan, he asked Mike to baptize him :) so we are stoked!

So many funny sayings have been thrown around this week. Sister May and I are constantly laughing until we cry. :)

If people help me I will start up my blog... I want to do a Q&A post, it would be about anything mission or church related. Members and nonmembers need to help me :)

I really love you all so much. :)

Sister Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment