Monday,
February 03, 2014
Talk about a fan-tab-u-lous week! Actually the past 2 weeks were great! I just happened to have to send you an email
when I was kind of grumpy after going to the doctor. BUT greaaaat news!
IM FIXED!!! I’m HEALED! :) Haha
After LOTS of communication over excessive ear wax with
our mission doctor, and the doctor over a few missions, we got it figured out;
because they let me call Mom. Who would have thought that was how it was going
to be fixed?? Not I.... I am so
grateful. The pressure in my ear was no
fun. It was kind of giving me headaches
and then when you can’t hear anything, that stinks too. Anyway... it was an "easy" fix. After doing the ear candles 6 times in the bad
year and 2 times in the "good" ear, we decided we needed an
alternative. We got the Debrox drops
like Mom said, and this really cool special syringe that is made for it and $60
later…it’s all fixed! I almost passed
out after doing the syringe though. Haha,
that was just funny. I was trying to
figure out the best temperature to get the water to irrigate it. I started a little cold because the doctor
said whatever I do, I should be sure not to get it too hot, or too cold. So I tried it a little too cold, then a little
too hot, and then I felt like I had just been on the tea cups for 2 hours. Haha. I was fine though :)
We have had president interviews, and Sister training
leader exchanges as well. It was a
blessing that I got to go to Rego on exchanges with Sister Millett. That
ended up being how I was able to get my ear checked out with the mission doctor.
We have an awesome investigator. Honestly,
she rocks! We had one lesson with her 2
weeks ago, but with the busy schedule we haven’t been able to get in touch with
her much, but she still wanted to learn more. We finally got a second appointment set up, and
it turned out, that the first counselor in the bishopric wanted to invite us
and our investigator over for dinner, which happened to fall over the appointment
time that we had already set up! So
after church, we went over and had a GREAT lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ
with the focus on baptism. She went to
temple square and had a first class tour, and felt the spirit so strong! She wants to be baptized and so we extended
the baptism date of March 2 to her. She accepted! She is hesitant that she won’t be ready, but
we reassured her she would be, if she keeps her commitments. She is already doing that :)
We have been getting tons of potentials! N.U.T.S. We just need to keep on top of that... to make
sure they all get called. I always
wonder why people are so willing to just "aimlessly" give out their
phone number, name and address and realize that the only reason people do that
is because they really do feel something is different about the message we
share. It’s really cool.
Today we had a p-day activity for Elder Joseph, a
creole missionary. It’s his birthday
today. He wanted to do a talent show and then have other people come up front and
do the talent with the person who is performing the talent... it was so funny. I was asked to prepare something, and I
honestly couldn't think of any talents that I have that I could share to have
them learn. I told the elders that I
felt like my talent was doing makeup and that I was going to buy lipstick and
have them put it on their companion blindfolded. Hahaha! It was going to be funny, but we decided that
we would give them something that they could really enjoy and we just said that
our talent was comp unity and had them feed their comp applesauce; blindfolded.
We had a good time.
Sister Hodgson and I are both from Cali, so we both
fasted for the drought in California. It
was so special to hear that you got rain on Sunday.
We had a very neat experience with this woman
that gave Sister Hodgson a scarf because she complimented her on it... :)
Great things are happening here! Off to get dinner.
Love you!
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment