Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday, January 06, 2014

Monday, January 06, 2014

Talk about a great week!  My desire to serve is just growing and growing more and more.
For maybe the 2nd week in my mission, we were able to hit our goals and we have been seeing a lot of success just in the last transfer.  I feel like I have been patiently waiting to see people come unto Christ.

We got a HQ referral from the elders of a woman who was interested in learning more.  We brought a member and taught the restoration.  She went to Salt Lake and Temple Square with her cousin because she was fascinated about what we do.  So, she went at a great time. The tour she got on only had 2 other people in it.  She said she felt like she could ask plenty of questions and the sister in Salt Lake is actually keep in touch with her.  It was awesome!  So here we are, teaching her.  She asked about baptism and said that she would be baptized when she comes to know for herself that it is true.  I am grateful that the spirit is the best teacher- because I sure am not.  Haha! She also came to church- she enjoyed it and ALSO stayed after to go to the baptism. So, it is really going well.  We have a return appointment for Saturday- so that will be good :) She is such a kind, endearing woman and just ready for the gospel.  She is single with a cute, small dog. It’s great. :)

We also had another referral from the elders.   They met a woman who wanted to learn more. We went and taught her.  She was apprehensive to it all, but open still- she wants us to come back this week.

I was prompted to ask president about getting us more English sisters here in Midwood.  He said he appreciated the thought and would pray over it, and see what The Lord needs.

As a companionship we talked to 20 people 5 of the 6 days we did it, and have been meeting lots of people that give us their contact info and are interested in learning more.

The weather was absolutely nuts this week.  Lows of like 4* and a HUGE blizzard.   It snowed for a full 10ish hours through the night, and we woke up to a total of like 8-10 inches of snow.
We had companion exchanges this week and it was a great opportunity for guidance in our area. I realized my slacking on Facebook is really bad- and I need to step it up there.

I am learning a lot about the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion and I am excited to facilitate more experiences with that.

On New Year’s we were asked to be in at 6pm, so I read the Ensign and went to bed.
I laugh that mom is my visiting teacher.   I love it though! I will be sure to come to you in need ;) or even when I need a batch of cookies... hahaha...

Sister Hodgson is amazing.   She is 4 months older than me, graduated the same year as me. She was studying chemistry and loves life. :) She is saving our companionships behind, because she is such a great teacher :) She really reminds me a lot of Amber. We have a good time :)

I love it here. The work is moving forward so well.

How does pictures next week sound? I’ll be sure to do that!

Love,

Sister JaLynn Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment