Monday,
November 4, 2013
Fan club!
Oh how I love the brisk cold of New York! I bore my testimony at church yesterday and
just said my name and after I introduced myself I just said "but don't
worry, I didn't bring the cold." It
was particularly funny because seriously, I was bundled in a coat and scarf
DURING church. Ha-ha
I have been pondering a lot about the people that we
get to serve here. There is a fine sister in our ward that has come back to church! It was a special experience for me! We had a
less active blitz a few weeks ago now, and as 3 zones, we were put in new companionships for the day and we went out to find people on our records. :)
So! It was amazing! Elders went to this woman’s house and she answered the door
and said I have been waiting for 2 years for missionaries to come to my
house!" They said that sisters would come by and see her! So she got put on a list of quite a few other
people to go back and visit. Then we sat
down to the computer the P-day after the blitz and Sister Blosil checks her
email to find one from her brother who is ward mission leader in his ward. The email basically said something like, there
is a woman you need to visit. I taught a
Sunday School lesson and a person served his mission in CT (where she lived
when she was baptized) spoke about her in class. Anyway- we got connected to her and she teared
up when she saw that we actually came. She
said that missionaries have been promising her visits but never followed though
and that she wanted to do everything that it took to come back fully to the
church! She is praying over a date to go to the temple to do baptisms for the
dead soon! We are so excited for her!
She is a miracle! :)
Our recent convert is going to the
temple soon too! :) She is working on getting a name to take for baptisms for
the dead too! :) There is nothing more special than getting these people to the
temple!
Sister Blosil reminded me that this is my six month
mark on my mission! I had actually forgotten! I am so thankful for the help
that Heavenly Father has given me to get a small grasp on missionary work, and
help me do the things that I am. I have learned so much in just six months. I
had no idea I could learn so much. One of the main ones has been my worth is
10000% dependent on if I am doing the will of the Lord not the will of those
around me.
We have a referral from mormon.org. Someone gave this woman a mormon.org card and when we went and visited her she said that she met
a missionary (none of us) on the train that gave it to her. There is nothing
more exciting than finding someone who is genuinely interested just from a
fearless! :) It makes what we do worth it!
A few weeks ago, I forgot to say-- a ward member asked
if Sister Blosil would sing with her in church. She of course said yes. And Sister Blosil
asked if I wanted to sing too :) It was so nice of her to do. So we sang
"Go Forth with Faith" to the tune of "Abide With Me Tis Eventide"
a cappella! It was beautiful!
We also taught Gospel Principles! It went so well! We had a HUGE turnout for our class and really, it was just great! It was on the temple
and just perfect for the people that are preparing! I am so thankful for the Gospel Principles class!
Especially because it is Church History in the other Sunday School class! The manual is just so inspired! I love it!
Tonight we are in charge of FHE! We are so excited! We are going to do an "I’m thankful
for..." Scategories! We will just
play with our own categories and have them write down things that they are
grateful for. It should be great! :)
A prospective sister missionary came out
with us a few nights ago and we had a stellar night! I wish I had the opportunity
to go out before my mission! We had
planned to visit a sister from the ward and then go look up
referrals from headquarters, but when we were walking to our next referral
there was a Chinese couple with a toddler that got our attention and asked for help
finding an address. Normally we pull out
the map and help people that way, but they spoke such little English that we
told them we would take them to their destination. What a special experience!
:) They were so thankful and so full of light. I was grateful we had the
opportunity to help them. They told us we could come to Thailand :) Ha-ha we
even have their email and phone number. Ha-ha so cool! I love when the Lord gives us opportunities to
drop what we are doing and serve. They
are always the most memorable and make me feel so great!
Thanks to Sister Blosil's healthy cooking I have lost
15lbs and my hair is getting pretty long. I wear it in a tiny ponytail a lot. Ha-ha kind
of fun.
We are teaching a woman and she is
sooo cool! A sister in the ward was walking her dogs one day and they met! She is so grateful the gospel is in her life
now. Her grandson
loves church too and had a great time in Young Mens. When he was asked to
describe the temple he said "hope." I am excited to see their family
come together- and they are too! They have mentioned it several times!
I love the gospel! I love the times that come to give
me a new fire to step up my game! They happen every so often and I am so
thankful!
We re-ran into a Potential Investigator! She is still interested, she is just waiting
for her extended family to leave town. She grew up in Arizona and we met her at
the train station! And saw her again on Halloween
at a fruit stand. She said she will call
us, or that we can call her! She even
said "this isn't a coincidence!' that we met again. So that’s special.
The weather is sure cooling down. It was t-shirt weather for a few days. Then it was just freeeeeeeeeeeezeing. So------
I will be the nerd that wears 2 big ugly coats :) and proud of it!
I am thankful
for all the prayers and love! :)
Love you!
Sister Freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment