Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Receiving my Endowment!

January 26th was another big day for moi!

I received my Endowment in the Newport Beach temple!

Me and my mom went at 12, got an interview with the the Temple President, or one of his counselors... not sure which, and did all the prep things. I got changed and was set to go. Doing the Initiatory was the most neat experience of the whole day.  I felt the spirit so strongly, as I did the whole day. Holding true to myself  I cried the whole time! :) haha I loved each of the rooms, but the telestial room was so pretty with the beach mural. And the celestial room was of course GORGEOUS! My dad met us at the temple when the session started at 1:30.

After the session, I was talked to about working in the temple prior to leaving for the mission. I was so gung-ho about working there, until I actually went through for the first time and I realized how much I would have to memorize! Nothing scares me more than memorizing... except, except... yeah- can't think of anything. haha But it will come with time and practice. Nothing to worry about, at least that's what I keep telling myself. haha

Interesting fact: I went through the temple the last day before it was closed for cleaning, and my first day working will be the Saturday after it opens again, on the 16th of this month. So that caused me a lot of worry as well. So I was blessed to have a friend offer to take me to LA and do an endowment session with her. That temple is GORGEOUS too! Absolutely breathtaking! The murals are unbelievable! I was grateful to have that under my belt, before I help there, even if I am just going to be doing laundry or ushering haha. 

The tender mercy of the day: My mom was deathly ill the night prior, and I was worried about what would happen if she wasn't feeling better. But I said a prayer, and the next morning and all through the afternoon she felt fine. As soon as we walked out of the dressing room at the end of the day, and into the waiting room (we had to wait to talk to the temple President again...) she had a horrible headache and felt sick to her stomach. I drove home and as soon as she got home she fell asleep after puking a few times. Even though she didn't feel well enough to go to dinner with us, she was able to escort me through the temple. Such a blessing. The Lord is always looking out for us. 

My Madre and I, I love her!

Absolutely gorgeous! The sun was setting as soon as we got out of the temple! Check out that blue and yellow window!



Second time going in the LA temple, and first time to do an endowment session:)





No comments:

Post a Comment